Published: 09:30 GMT Standard Time - Monday 21 March 2011
Have you signed the Halal Petition?
Country/Region: Europe, United Kingdom
Operation Nehemiah’s Halal Petition will be delivered to the Government in May as part of our campaign calling for halal food to be clearly labelled, and for non-halal alternatives to be available for consumers.
The European Union will also be challenged after it vetoed a new measure that would have required halal (and other) meat products to be labelled if the animal was not stunned before slaughter.
The campaign follows revelations that supermarkets, restaurants and schools are serving meat that has been ritually slaughtered, prepared and transported in accordance with sharia, often without the public’s knowledge. Over recent months Operation Nehemiah has also reported on an active agenda to integrate halal meat into the mainstream market and extend it to non-Muslims.
Click here for more information about the petition and
Download a printable PDF version of the petition here.(please return by 30 April)
Other Halal articles
Our magazine - Barnabas aid
- 1Barnabas weekly newsletter 07 January 2011 - 3 years ago
- 2Barnabas weekly newsletter 02 March 2011 - 3 years ago
- 3Barnabas weekly newsletter 14 March 2011 - 3 years ago
- 4Barnabas weekly newsletter 25 March 2011 - 3 years ago
- 5Barnabas weekly newsletter 01 April 2011 - 3 years ago
- 6Barnabas weekly newsletter 15 April 2011 - 3 years ago
- 7Barnabas weekly newsletter 28 April 2011 - 3 years ago
- 8Barnabas weekly newsletter 06 May 2011 - 3 years ago
- 9Barnabas weekly newsletter 01 July 2011 - 3 years ago
- 10Barnabas weekly newsletter 14 October 2011 - 2 years ago