Published: 00:00 GMT Standard Time - Thursday 12 November 2009
Uzbekistan: Pastor Imprisoned following Illegal Raid
The pastor of a church in Tashkent, Uzbekistan, was arrested and sentenced to 15 days’ imprisonment following a raid during morning worship.
On Sunday 23 August police entered the church demanding that the service be discontinued, even though they had no written permission from the courts. The church is led by Korean ministers, but they are all citizens of Uzbekistan, and although the church is small it is registered with the authorities and has all the documents it requires in order to gather for worship. It obtains permission from officials for every Sunday service.
- 1Water Projects Fund 00-635
- 2Barnabas weekly newsletter 27 January 2011 - 3 years ago
- 3Barnabas weekly newsletter 18 February 2011 - 3 years ago
- 4Barnabas Persecution Update 20 September 2012 - 2 years ago
- 5Barnabas Persecution Update 27 September 2012 - 2 years ago
- 6Barnabas Persecution Update 04 October 2012 - 2 years ago
- 7Barnabas Persecution Update 08 November 2012 - 1 year ago
- 8Barnabas Persecution Update 06 December 2012 - 1 year ago
- 9Barnabas Persecution Update 21 March 2013 - 1 year ago
- 10Barnabas Persecution Update 31 May 2013 - 11 months ago