Disaster Relief Fund 00-634
Earthquakes, floods, tsunamis, drought and famine ... natural disasters affect everyone, no matter what their faith. But when our Christian brothers and sisters living as a despised minority are amongst the victims of a catastrophe like this, they need our help. The reason is that aid distributed by non-Christian agencies and personnel often does not reach the Christian victims. In other words, they are discriminated against in the aid distribution, just as they were discriminated against in daily life before the disaster struck. When this happens, they need help from their Christian brothers and sisters around the world.
Recently Barnabas Fund has helped Christians affected by flooding in Bangladesh in August 2007, as well as floods and mud-slides in Indonesia earlier and famine victims in Burundi earlier in the year. Feeding also continues in north-east Kenya and in West Africa, as the aftermath of drought and famines in 2005 and 2006 are still affecting people.
- Help forgotten flood-affected Christians in Pakistan - Friday 26 September 2014
- Barnabas helping 4,500 Christian families hit by flooding in Sri Lanka - Thursday 10 January 2013
- “Race against time” to help victims of Typhoon Bopha in the Philippines - Thursday 13 December 2012
- Urgent plea for help from Christians hit by Typhoon Bopha in the Philippines - Tuesday 11 December 2012
- Christians hit by devastating floods in Bangladesh and India need urgent aid - Wednesday 04 July 2012
- Advent Prayer - Pakistan - Saturday 03 December 2011
- Barnabas Fund helps Christians caught up in disastrous south-east Asian floods - Friday 28 October 2011
- Help Christians affected by catastrophic rains and flooding in south-east Asia - Friday 21 October 2011
- Barnabas helps flood-affected Christians in Pakistan - Wednesday 16 March 2011
- Sri Lankan Christians urgently need food after second flood - Tuesday 15 February 2011