Published: 15:30 GMT Daylight Time - Thursday 14 July 2011
Operation Nehemiah: News and Prayer Update #30
Country/Region: United Kingdom, Europe, Australia, United States, Canada
UK’s equality watchdog says Christians should have right to follow conscience
The UK's equality watchdog has determined that Christians should be given greater freedom to follow their beliefs in the workplace.
Christian teacher reprimanded in UK for explaining religion
A Christian teacher in the UK has been ordered by her school not to talk about religion after answering a child's question about the Muslim faith.
Islamists call for sharia in British “emirates”
An Islamist group in Britain has called upon Muslims to create enclaves in major cities where sharia will one day be implemented.
Muslim prayers at Toronto school causes outcry
A school in Toronto, Canada, that is allowing imams to lead prayer sessions in its cafeteria has received strong criticism from parents and religious groups.
Virginia curriculum sidelines Christianity and promotes Islam
Flag of Virginia
The Virginia Board of Education promotes Islam while moving all other religions, including Christianity, into the background, according to the Richmond Political Buzz Examiner.
Second Australian state moves to implement veil law
The state of Western Australia is considering a law that would require a woman wearing a burqa to remove it when requested by police.
Australia’s Muslim leaders want sharia, survey shows
Australia's Islamic leaders want sharia to be implemented in the country, a survey has revealed.
News in brief
Iran attacks BBC programme on Muhammad
Iran’s minister of cultural and Islamic guidance has attacked the BBC documentary series, The Life of Muhammad, saying that the “enemy” was attempting to “ruin Muslims’ sanctity”.
The three-part series commenced on 11 July and has been drawing increasing criticism from senior figures in Iran, who before watching the programme threatened to take serious action if “suspicions are proved to be correct .”
Read The Guardian article - Iran attacks BBC for documentary series on life of prophet Muhammad
Radical preacher completes tour of Ireland
Bilal Philips, a radical preacher who was refused entry to the UK by Home Secretary Theresa May and banned from entering Germany, has completed a tour of the Republic of Ireland.
When Philips addressed students of the Islamic Online University in June, his hosts included the Islamic Foundation of Ireland, the organisation responsible for certifying Irish halal meat exports and over 100 Subway halal restaurants in the UK.
In one of his books, Philips says "un-Islamic government must be sincerely hated and despised". Operation Nehemiah recently revealed that he was linked to a major dawa campaign for the 2012 Olympics in London.
- Pray that Christian teachers will be able to make a stand for Christ without the fear of being silenced. Pray that Christians will have the freedom to be able to give an answer to everyone who asks the reason for the hope that they have (1 Peter 3:15), regardless of the consequences.
- Pray that Christians in the USA and other Western nations will challenge the apparent reduction of Christian values and history in education. Pray that the significant contribution that Christianity has made in the West will not be sidelined for the sake of political correctness or pressure to promote Islam.
- Pray that Christians in Muslim-populated areas such as Bradford, Dewsbury and Tower Hamlets will be an effective witness. Pray that more Muslims in these areas will come to know Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour and that the pressure for sharia-compliant “emirates” will fail.
Our magazine - Barnabas aid
- 1Operation Nehemiah: News and Prayer Update #6 - 4 years ago
- 2Operation Nehemiah: News and Prayer Update #6 - 4 years ago
- 3Operation Nehemiah: News and Prayer Update #8 - 4 years ago
- 4Operation Nehemiah: News and Prayer Update #8 - 4 years ago
- 5Barnabas weekly newsletter 07 January 2011 - 4 years ago
- 6Barnabas weekly newsletter 07 January 2011 - 4 years ago
- 7Operation Nehemiah: News and Prayer Update #9 - 4 years ago
- 8Operation Nehemiah: News and Prayer Update #9 - 4 years ago
- 9Barnabas weekly newsletter 14 January 2011 - 4 years ago
- 10Barnabas weekly newsletter 14 January 2011 - 4 years ago