Published: 13:30 GMT Daylight Time - Thursday 08 September 2011
Operation Nehemiah: News and Prayer Update #37
Country/Region: United Kingdom, Europe
UK: Christian group leaves debt charity that prohibits prayer with clients
A Christian organisation has had to leave a national charity in order to preserve its own integrity after the charity forbade it to pray with people with debt problems.
UK State schools not providing group worship – BBC survey
Community rather than religion is being taught at school assemblies
A survey commissioned by BBC local radio has found that many state schools in England are not providing group worship, despite its being a legal requirement.
Outcry as Australian school books “write Christ out of history”
Christian leaders in Australia have condemned changes to the national curriculum that will replace the terms BC (Before Christ) and AD (Anno Domini) in text books.
Crosses removed from Californian town
Three Christian crosses that have stood on state property in California for 100 years have been removed following complaints about their legality.
- Praise God for organisations such as Christians Against Poverty that unashamedly express their Christian ethos. Pray for the group and its advisers, especially during this difficult time.
- Pray that moves to alter the Australian national curriculum will not lead to the weakening of Australia’s Christian heritage.
- Pray that churches in the Californian town of Julian will be able to retrieve the crosses and respond wisely to the complaints over their legality.
Our magazine - Barnabas aid
- 1Operation Nehemiah: News and Prayer Update #6 - 4 years ago
- 2Operation Nehemiah: News and Prayer Update #6 - 4 years ago
- 3Operation Nehemiah: News and Prayer Update #8 - 4 years ago
- 4Operation Nehemiah: News and Prayer Update #8 - 4 years ago
- 5Barnabas weekly newsletter 07 January 2011 - 4 years ago
- 6Barnabas weekly newsletter 07 January 2011 - 4 years ago
- 7Operation Nehemiah: News and Prayer Update #9 - 4 years ago
- 8Operation Nehemiah: News and Prayer Update #9 - 4 years ago
- 9Barnabas weekly newsletter 14 January 2011 - 4 years ago
- 10Barnabas weekly newsletter 14 January 2011 - 4 years ago