What is "Operation Nehemiah" ?
Country/Region: United Kingdom
Operation Nehemiah - towards the spiritual transformation of our societies
Christians in the UK are hard pressed on several fronts.
We face an aggressive secular humanism that is hostile to all religious faith, and an increasingly political Islam that wants to make itself the main religion in the West. Recent legislation has threatened our basic freedoms of speech and religion. And the response of the Church to these perils has often been hesitant and confused.
Barnabas Fund stands with our Christian brothers and sisters throughout the world where they suffer discrimination, oppression and persecution because of their faith. When these evils raise their ugly heads in our own country, we must raise our voice and hands against them here too. So we are launching a new programme of action, Operation Nehemiah, to promote the spiritual transformation of our societies..
In the time of Nehemiah the people of God were in disgrace, their walls broken down, and facing an uncertain future. Like the Church in the UK today, they lived in dark times. But under Nehemiah’s leadership they took action, rising up like a mighty army to rebuild the walls of Jerusalem. And for us, now is the time to act – the time to rebuild the Christian foundations of our country.
In Nehemiah’s rebuilding of the walls, every person had a part to play, however small. In the same way, the Lord has put each of us in places where we can contribute to this campaign.
So if you would like to receive further details about Operation Nehemiah or play a part in it, please contact us at:
The Old Rectory,
will comprise the following ten elements:
- Promote and organise prayer for the UK, especially regarding the impact of Islam on society
- Research the impact of secularism and Islam on society, the churches and mission, producing materials to guide Christian decision-making
- Promote Christian faith and values in society, freedom of religion, speech and conscience, and the rolling back of the influence of sharia
- Monitor legislation that limits freedoms and equalities, further secularises society or gives any faith a protected status, and take campaigning action as appropriate
- Encourage mission to the UK, especially outreach to Muslims, and defend Christians from Islamic mission
- Support the ministry of care and practical support for converts from other faiths, including resources for discipling and teaching
- Encourage education within the churches and prepare a pack of resources for schools to teach children about Christianity
- Organise training to equip the churches for tacking the challenges they face and to develop their understanding of secularism and Islam
- Teach Christians the importance of morality and demonstrate the beneficial effects of Christian ethics on society
- Mobilise Christians to support the programme through finance in order to create a funding base for these activities
Our magazine - Barnabas aid
- 1Christianity in the UK.pdf (434.3kB) - 4 years ago
- 2Christianity in the UK.pdf (434.3kB) - 4 years ago
- 3Operation Nehemiah: stopping the spread of halal - 3 years ago
- 4Operation Nehemiah: stopping the spread of halal - 3 years ago
- 5Preparing for Persecution in the West - 3 years ago
- 6Preparing for Persecution in the West - 3 years ago
- 7Introducing Britain’s Halal Economy - 3 years ago
- 8Introducing Britain’s Halal Economy - 3 years ago
- 9Operation Nehemiah Update: News and Prayer #3 - 3 years ago
- 10Operation Nehemiah Update: News and Prayer #3 - 3 years ago