Published: 14:00 GMT Standard Time - Monday 06 December 2010
Operation Nehemiah: News and Prayer Update #6
Country/Region: United Kingdom
"Halal is for everyone" - World Halal Forum
Video reveals campaign to conquer global market
The global halal industry is shifting into high gear to expand its market in the non-Muslim world as part of a broader mission to Islamise the West.
A video produced by the World Halal Forum
To watch it click here
A video produced by the World Halal Forum, which exists to oversee and develop the halal industry, promotes a wide range of sharia-compliant products including food, medicine, cosmetics, finance and travel.
Highlighting the profitability of halal as a £500billion industry, the five-minute promotional video indicates that many leading non-Muslim states, including the UK, USA, Australia, Canada and China, are already realising its money-making potential. It unashamedly states that "halal is for everyone", and points to a possible market of 7.5 billion consumers.
Although the video appears to address only commercial interests, it contains a more ominous sub-text. The promotion of halal products is a tool of Islamic mission (dawa) designed to Islamise the non-Muslim world by bringing it under the authority of sharia law.
Operation Nehemiah calls upon the Government for freedom to choose non-halal products
An open letter has been sent to the Government expressing Operation Nehemiah's concern over the imposition of halal across Britain. In the letter to Caroline Spelman, Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA), Dr Patrick Sookhdeo raises concern over the massive growth of sharia-compliant products for everyone regardless of their faith and often without consumers being informed or consulted. DEFRA is the governmental department responsible for legislation on slaughtering (including halal), animal welfare and food labelling regulations. Click here to view the open letter to Caroline Spelman MP
Halal Petition - Your help please
In the first two weeks since we launched the petition online, 5,500 people have recorded their support. Operation Nehemiah would like to thank everyone who has joined us so far in speaking out about the current halal controversy. We invite you to send the halal petition link to your family and friends and encourage them to also sign it. In addition to the online facility, a paper version of the petition is now available to download, print and share.
"Not Ashamed" Day
The official launch of the "Not Ashamed" campaign on 1 December has attracted huge media interest. Christian Concern hope that this will be the beginning of a new, robust national debate about the place of the Christian faith in modern Britain, in which Christians will be able to speak clearly of the ongoing validity and value of the Christian foundation of our nation.
Other News in brief
Please note: We have no control over other websites and links do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the said linked website(s).
Britain's towns put lights out for Nativity
Many towns and cities across Britain have once again opted for Christmas lights with secular themes for fear of offending non-Christians. Some councils have deliberately avoided Nativity scenes, preferring swans, umbrellas and reality TV stars, and have continued to observe Diwali and the Muslim festival of Eid al-Adha despite the festivals' having finished. Conservative MP Philip Davies has accused local authorities of being "obsessed with not offending anyone", adding, "It's ridiculous that Christianity is being sidelined."
"War on Christmas is over" says Government minister
Council chiefs have been urged by the Government to celebrate the "Christian basis" of Christmas. Communities Secretary Eric Pickles said "We should actively celebrate the Christian basis of Christmas, and not allow politically correct Grinches to marginalise Christianity and the importance of the birth of Christ. The war on Christmas is over, and likes of Winterval, Winter Lights and Luminous deserve to be in the dustbin of history."
Australia: Political leaders push back secularisation of Christmas
The Australian Christian Lobby has welcomed a return to commonsense by political leaders who are pushing back against politically correct attempts to secularise Christmas. The idea that nativity scenes should be banned in Centrelink and Medicare offices has been overruled by the Minister for Human Services and Social Inclusion. ACL also commended new Victorian Premier, Ted Baillieu, for restoring nativity scenes and carol singing in Victoria's schools.
- Please pray that Operation Nehemiah's letter to DEFRA will be effective in challenging the imposition of halal food and defending the public's right to choose not to eat it.
- Continue to pray that Operation Nehemiah's halal petition will be instrumental in blocking the rapid growth of the halal market and its attempt to Islamise the non-Muslim world by bringing it under the authority of sharia law.
- Pray that more Members of Parliament will make a stand by expressing concern about the marginalisation of Christianity in public Christmas celebrations. Pray that more local authorities will recognise the Christian heritage of this country and the importance of the birth of Christ.
- Continue to pray that the Not Ashamed campaign, which launched on Wednesday 1 December, will impact the nation as Christians stand together to proclaim that Jesus Christ is the only hope for the UK.
To unsubscribe from Operation Nehemiah emails, please click firstname.lastname@example.org and press send.
Our magazine - Barnabas aid
- 1Barnabas weekly newsletter 01 April 2011 - 3 years ago
- 2Operation Nehemiah: News and Prayer Update #17 - 3 years ago
- 3USA: Sharia debate hots up as states consider constitutional changes to protect rule of l... - 3 years ago
- 4Operation Nehemiah: News and Prayer Update #12 - 4 years ago
- 5Operation Nehemiah: News and Prayer Update #11 - 4 years ago
- 6Operation Nehemiah: News and Prayer Update #8 - 4 years ago
- 7Operation Nehemiah: News and Prayer Update #7 - 4 years ago
- 8Operation Nehemiah: News and Prayer Update #5 - 4 years ago
- 9Operation Nehemiah: News and Prayer Update #4 - 4 years ago
- 10Operation Nehemiah Update: News and Prayer #3 - 4 years ago