Holy Land – Sponsoring Christian School Children in Bethlehem 65-420
Country/Region: Holy Land, Middle East and North Africa
Many Christian families are too poor to be able to afford the fees necessary to send their children to a Christian school, but attending a government school would be very tough for a Christian child, given the strongly Islamic and hostile environment they would face in class each day.
This project covers the shortfall in running costs for a Christian school in Bethlehem so that the school does not have to turn away any child from a Christian family, even though most cannot afford to pay more than absolutely minimal fees. The average cost per child is £9.50 (US$15.80) a week. A twice-yearly newsletter about the school is sent to sponsors.
- Help poor Christian families in Holy Land educate their children - Thursday 13 February 2014
- Vibrant Christian education in the birthplace of Jesus - Thursday 02 May 2013
- Lent Prayer 2013 - Holy Land - Monday 25 February 2013
- Lent Prayer - Holy Land - Tuesday 06 March 2012
- Advent Prayer - Holy Land - Sunday 25 December 2011
- Popular Barnabas-supported Christian school in Bethlehem expands - Friday 06 May 2011
- Lent Prayer - Holy Land - Monday 21 March 2011
- Advent Prayer - Christmas in the birthplace of Christ - Saturday 25 December 2010
- Praying for the Persecuted Church in Lent - Holy Land - Saturday 27 February 2010
- Teaching Christians For Life - Friday 22 January 2010