We are members of Affinity, a fellowship of Churches, evangelical Agencies and Christians. We fully subscribe to their statement of faith, which affirms and proclaims the foundational truths of the historic, orthodox faith as revealed in the Bible.
We believe in:
- The inspiration, inerrancy and infallibility of God’s word, the Bible, as originally given. The holy scripture is both vital and clear, and all Christians must submit to its supreme authority and sufficiency, both individually and corporately, in every matter of belief and conduct.
- The existence of one eternal and immutable God, the Holy Trinity, Creator and Lord of the universe who, in the unity of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit – three Persons who are the same in substance, and equal in power and glory – governs all things according to his will, and is accomplishing his purposes in the world and in the church.
- The inherent value of all human beings, made male and female by God in his own image. God has instituted marriage to be between one biological man and one biological woman. This serves as a type of the union between Christ and his church. As a result of the fall of Adam all are subject to God’s wrath and condemnation due to their sinfulness and guilt. This has resulted in their alienation from God, from one another and from his creation.
- The essential, absolute and eternal deity of the Lord Jesus Christ; his conception by Mary of the Holy Spirit; his virgin birth; his real but sinless humanity; his voluntary humiliation and obedience, culminating in his death as a sacrifice for sin; his bodily resurrection from the dead on the third day; his ascension into heaven; his continuing ministry as Prophet, Priest and King; and his coming again in power and glory.
- Salvation from the guilt, penalty and all consequences of sin solely through the work of Jesus Christ – his perfect obedience, penal substitutionary death, bodily resurrection and exaltation as Lord. He alone is truly God and truly man, and therefore the only mediator between God and humanity, uniquely able to save completely those who come to God through him. There is salvation through no other person, creed, process or power.
- The justification of sinners entirely through the imputation of Christ’s righteousness to them and of the guilt and penalty of their sin to him. It is appropriated by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone.
- The necessity and sufficiency of the work of the Holy Spirit for the individual’s new birth to repentance and faith, union with Christ and growth to maturity, and for the church’s continuous renewal in truth, unity, wisdom, faith, holiness, love, power and mission.
- The universal church, the body of which Christ is the head, to which all God’s people belong. Its existence reveals God’s ultimate purpose to bring everything together under Christ. It is made visible both in local congregations and in the wider communion of those who profess the true faith*. It comprises a people called to declare the praise of the God who saved them, to contend for the faith once delivered to the saints, and to proclaim the gracious offer of salvation to those who are lost.
- The unity of the body of Christ, as expressed within and between local churches by mutual love, care, encouragement and corporate action. True fellowship between churches exists only where they are faithful to the apostolic gospel.
- The personal and visible return in glory of the Lord Jesus Christ, in order to raise the dead and bring salvation and judgement to final completion. He will grant eternal life to those who have believed the gospel, and consign those who have not to everlasting punishment in hell. God will then fully establish his kingdom in new heavens and a new earth, from which evil and evildoers, suffering and death will be excluded, and in which he will be glorified forever.
* Note: Some members of Affinity believe that the visible church comprises baptized professors of the faith and their baptized covenant children.